Never run out of things to blog about! Order inspiration by phone for only $19.95!
1. Blog about My Five Favorite…. This could be your five favorite romance novel plots, or your five favorite movies of all time, or your five favorite reviews of your work, or anything really. I’m doing that right now. *cue Twilight Zone theme* …I suppose you could also do “My Six Favorite…” or “My Seventeen Favorite….”
2. Blog about your News. Don’t have any? Are you sure? You don’t have to have made a recent sale. You can blog about the accomplishment of finishing writing a story. Or finishing reading a book. Or passing your driver’s test. Or finding topics to blog about. It’s okay to write about something other than your writing or reading every once in a while.
3. Be inspired by pictures. Collect a folder of pictures, either print or digital, and use them to get you started. Bonus points if you include the picture in the post.
4. Use the Headline technique. Visit CNN.com or any site that has lots of headlines (this also works with magazine covers). Choose some headlines that appeal to you. The object isn’t to comment directly on the headlines, but to see how you can make the ideas or topic of them relate to your writing and/or reading.
5. Post links. You know all those useful links you’ve been collecting? Post them, preferably in some sort of topic-related group, or with commentary that helps link (heh) them together. You won’t be the only one who thinks they’re useful.
Writers Never Run Out of Blog Topics.