I’ve been pondering options for promotional items I could give away that would be related to The Duke and the Pirate Queen. I would really, really like some input into these ideas, so please feel free to comment at length.
Here are my ideas so far:
1. The usual suspects – postcards or bookmarks. Bo-ring, or usual because they work?
2. Temporary tattoos, which would fit in with the pirate idea. Except, tattoos of what exactly? Are they any use as promotional items if they don’t include the book title?
3. Pirate duckies. Possibly with labels stuck on, so one could then lose the labels and forget where the duckies came from. But oh so cute.
4. A single large giveaway of “pirate loot,” which would entail getting entrants to email me and then drawing a name. Would people just enter and forget? I think people would enter even if they had zero interest in the book.
5. Something else. Feel free to enlighten me on possible answers to this one.