1. I had a couple of previews go live recently at Heroes and Heartbreakers: Summer Rain, an anthology, and Beyond the Velvet Rope by Tiffany Ashley, an erotic romance set at an exclusive nightclub.
2. I’m going to Readercon July 10-13, 2014, and will post my schedule as soon as it’s finalized.
3. I’ve spent the summer so far focusing on putting some stories up for Kindle – Nook will be next, once I get the hang of it. I’m experimenting with different covers and blurbs. The Wrangler’s Secret: The Magnificent Threesome, Part 1 is the story formerly known as “The Magnificent Threesome,” and is followed by The Gambler’s Naughty Playing Cards. I’ve written a third story in the series as well. Their length is in the 5000-6000 word range, and I’d classify them as lighthearted erotica.
A helpful friend wrote this blurb for me:
In the Wild West, a woman with a dangerous secret is about to meet her match… and her other match.
Austin disguised herself as a man to earn a living as a horse wrangler. But when she meets an interracial pair of roving gunslingers, she finds more than she bargained for. DeVille, who is white, is a silver-tongued gambler, and Harcourt, who is black, is an upright, uptight warrior. And she’s not the only one with a secret: the two fighting men are lovers!
After the three of them are swept into a desperate battle against a ruthless gang, their secrets come out… and their clothes come off! Austin finds more pleasure than she ever imagined in their hot and sweet interracial male/male/female threesome.
4. I’m also spending the summer trying to learn how to write blurbs. I’ve never gotten the hang of it, and I feel it’s an important skill, and worth developing.
5. I continue to write reviews for Publishers Weekly, but those are anonymous, so I can’t link them here. Sorry! But I’m learning a lot about writing reviews succinctly.